On June 2, 2020, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced summer day camps can begin opening Monday, June 29. We are patiently waiting for NYC Department of Health guidelines to in fact confirm we would be able to provide a fun and safe camp experience.
We have been using the comprehensive guidelines released by the CDC for summer camps to begin our planning. Based on our communication, we feel confident that we can provide camp at select NYC locations.
1. Senior employees who can supervise summer employees and camper safety
2. Specified protocols for identifying and isolating ill children/staff each day prior to camp and during camp
3. Ability to conduct most activities outdoors including eating
4. Max 5 to 1 camper : counselor ratio for young children
5. Safe environment – disinfecting daily and during transitions
6. Staff and Campers that are mainly local residents
8. No busing kids to and from camp
9. Pods of about 10 campers
10. Ensuring Camp limits won’t inhibit the fun
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org